A website without SEO is likened to a car with no fuel.
The use of SEO strategy cannot be compromised as the visibility of any website depends wholly on it. Though there are some optimization techniques take Time but yield effective results in the long run.
While some will boost the ranking of your site and in the long run leaving it in the worse possible situation than ever. On this article, I will share an effective SEO strategy for ranking in 2020.
These SEO trend has been tested and proven to stand the test of time. It gives room for flexibility to accommodate any change in an algorithm update.
Read further to know how to get a head start. Here is some SEO strategy that works best.
Optimize for SEO in 2020
- Find and use opportunity keywords: opportunity keywords are keywords with high organic clicks-through-rate
- Do run a check on Google’s first page: when you secure an opportunity keyword, the next step is to type those keywords into Google search. Afterward, run a check on ten results on that are on the first page. Take a record of all the notice patterns and difference that occurs with each search results.
- Create something unique and different: in creating SEO content, there are two options: you can rewrite, or generate something unique. Creating an exclusive but similar content on your web page will set you apart from the crowd and turn the spotlight on you.
- Hooks are needed: The new ranking pattern for 2019 requires blacklists. You may ask: how? First, you will need to know what people link to the content sphere of your business.
Think about niches in your field that journalists and bloggers always write about. Create something new and exciting; with this, you get yourself a “HOOK.”
- Optimize your site for on-page SEO: this phase involves the use of keywords to optimize your page. This is done in three ways.
- Optimize your content for semantic SEO: this is done by using words that related to targeted keywords in your contents. Get words, and phrases that related to search topic on the niche you writing on and sprinkle some of the important terms in your content.
- Use only short keyword-rich URLs: in search engines, short URLs, and more effective. Short, targeted keywords with a semantic SEO will do a great job!
- Interlink your contents: you can do this by linking a high authorize page with a low one. Using the right internal linking strategy can generate a miracle. This procedure gives Google an idea of your website structure. Google uses internal links to find the value of content and how it inter-relate.
- Great looking content is vital: often Time content marketers overlook the place of pictures, design, and proper formatting that increases the appearance of content. The truth be told, “An awesome looking content is key.” You can have the best-written content, but when it looks dense and stuffy then, the logic won’t work.
- Update content: change pictures, and delete strategies that won’t work anymore. This simple act will increase your ranking SEO in 2020. Remember, the first impression is the influence that leaves a long impression afterward.
Your content educate and inform client/visitor about your website. Updating your content information is as important as having a website. A modernized content will increase your domain authority.
- Comprehensive index content wins: before now, Google focuses 100% on the content of your page. This is done by analyzing your webpage HTML to know how many times a specific keyword was used.
Google spider visit pages to check if a used keyword appears in your title tag, URL, Image ALT text, and description tag H1 tag. Then, to have your webpage rank, you must consider updating the listed with your keywords.
Currently, the old pattern of ranking is completely changed. Ranking now exceeds the quality performance of your content; it focuses more on the context.
Google refines and searches out the best result to rank it as number one; the best search result isn’t a keyword dense content, but a page that provides in-depth information about a particular topic.
In 2019, in-depth content ranks best over dense keyword content. The question is, “how do I create the type of in-depth content that Google wants to see?” here are some few steps to get a head start:
- Publish contents that are at least 2,000 words. By so doing, you will cover all that is needed about the topic. This recent study shows that heavy contents (like the long-form post and ultimate guide) attract the attention of search engines over short written contents in Google.
I’m a big fan of an evergreen, long-form written piece of content. Away from attracting the attention of social media, its immense value to your audience by scaling above surface knowledge.
A well written, long-form green article will give you an edge over competitors who focus on short written articles.
How to Create a Comprehensive, In-Depth Content.
At the start of this year, about 100 million published authoritative evergreen content was analyzed by BuzzSumo. And on the negative trend they discovered that,
- Facebook has its traffic decreased to 50% since the year 2015.
- An average blog post tends to get a total of four shares from different social media.
- 70% of online content gets zero backlinks.
The good news is there are certain types of content that trend. This is the authoritative green content. This content gains links and shares.
Once you are done with creating your 2,000-word content, ensure to added LSI keywords to it.
What Is LSI Keyword?
These are words or phrases that relate positively to the theme of a particular webpage.
Let say, for example, you decided to publish content with the topic “Paleo diet.” your LSI keyword will be: caveman, nutrition, weight loss, grains, recipes, etc.
When Google search engines notice all these keywords, the machine thinks the page covers the topic real good.
How Can I Carry out An LSI Search?
Here are three vital key points in carrying out this process:
- Use nifty free tools known as LSI Graph: Once you have access to this, enter the targeted keywords; this will provide a couple of LSI related keywords. These keywords are associated with the targeted keyword you entered.
- Use Google: search for tag keywords and observe it search results that are related to the below sections at the bottom of the search LSI are those words seen in bold letters.
- You can likewise hack Google keyword planner to get LSI keyword ideas. These few steps will get you up to a head start:
Add your keyword to Google keyword planner, then click on get started. Afterward, scan the search results; most of the search results are LSI words.
- Go with videos or get cut out: videos are currently on the explosive. Regardless of the amount of video out there, people still prefer more of audiovisuals. They enjoy watching than reading.
In short: if you don’t have or make videos on your website, then you are missing out. This is the major reason why YouTube is rated at the world second largest engine.
If you desire to gain more traffic in the year 2019, then connect to YouTube and get video on your site. This will engage your site visitors and also boost Dwell Time. The addition of videos in a text-based blog content will increase a visitor’s experience. Search and use videos that will engaging enough and also provide answers to questions and runs through visitors’ minds.
Videos are social media friendly; videos can be shared on other social platforms, like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. This can also boost your site traffic and get people talking about your site. Videos on your website also give you a competitive edge over other sites with similar services. With this on your site, you’re one step above the competition.
- Use embeddable images: these are images that can be embedded into the content of other sites. These images can fill up the space of an infographic or serve better. Whenever these images link to other websites; they link visitors back to their original site when clicked on.
- Use blog comment: blog comment also aid the ranking of your website, so encourage it. Comment are better on-site as they create more engagement signals to new visitors. The presence of comment marks a site as an active community. This also is a major factor considered as a ranking step in 2020.
- Optimize for Google mobile first index: recently, Google considers the mobile version of every website as its original version; this version is applicable even when you search using a desktop.
This is indeed a great step if since about 60% -70% of Google search is carried out using mobile devices. The question is, “do you have ‘M’ version of your site?” if no, then Google recommends switching to responsive designs.
And how do you know your site is mobile friendly? You can run on check on it –with the use of the mobile-friendly test tool from Google.
All that is required is to copy your URL and pest it on it; when this is done, the tools will display the result of your site has been mobile-friendly or not.
- Ranks brain and UX signal: the Rank brain is a Google term used to explain machine-learning artificial intelligence, which aids in process search results. Its primary function is to help sort search results.
Ranks brain has been rated as one of the most important signals that contribute to the result of a search query. In a simpler term, it estimates how users interact with search results and rank each page.
For instance, your search for “make money online” in Google, and the fifth result looks very exciting, you click on it and spend some time reading through all the content.
The Rank brain is likely to increase the ranking of the fifth “make money online” result that you clicked on. Conversely, you carried out the same search and click on the number one result, but unfortunately, the search result appears to have terrible content, and this repelled you within a couple of seconds.
Afterward, you click on the third result and find something worthwhile. The Rank brain will note this, and if the “number one” result has enough bounce back, Google will change it from the spot. From the illustration we could track out its functions:
- Dwell Time: how long visitors get to engage with the content of your page. The rank brain gives more attention to dwell Time; it’s one of the factors Google lookout for in ranking pages. The average dwell time is on a Google result is three minutes ten seconds.
- Click-Through Rate: the summed percentage of visitors that click on your result. If you dig through your Google analytics, then you know that three minutes and above Dwell time is legit, webpages with excellent dwell time tend to rank more.
Indeed this makes a lot of sense to me, think about it: when someone visits your page and spends a long time, there is a 70% possibility that they found your content engaging. If this process repeats over time, the content will be up-rank by Google and made easier to find.
The logic is simple; if no one clicks on your result, why should it be on the first page? If your site has a title track that attracts clicks and Dwells Time, it automatically up-rank.
- Rank content in the future snippet: how do I rank my content in featured snippet? This is pretty simple when you stick to the rules:
- Firstly, find Keywords that you rank for; because all featured snippets are from pages that rank on the first page for that keyword. If you’re not ranked as the top 10, then you have zero chances of getting into the featured snippet spot.
How Do I Find Featured Snippet Opportunity?
Use Organic keywords reports; this will show you keywords that you ranked for with featured snippets. Use the keywords to generate “snippet bait.” this will improve Seo 2020.
What Is Snippet Bait?
Snippet bait is a 50 -60-word content created to rank in the featured snippet spot.
Let take for instance; I added 50 – 60 words snippet bait explanations on the pages of my YouTube marketing Hub; this will support my content to rank in the featured snippet for a lot of definition keywords.
Snippet bait works with “paragraph snippet” here is an instance: after formatting your content with the use of H2 or H3 for every item on your list. Those subheadings will add to the featured snippet.
- Secondly, find keywords with a featured snippet.
- Optimize for voice search: is voice search required for SEO? Empathically yes! Check out the following fact with respect to this:
- About 20% of searches carried out on mobile are done with the use of voice search.
- 40% -50% of adult carry out voice search
Voice search carried out in Google is on a rapid increase. Most webpages are optimizing their content for voice search. What are you waiting for? Join the league and be part of the winning team.
How Do I Optimize For Voice Search?
- Ensure your content ranks high in the search result.
- Add a wide range of questions and answer to your contents when this is done, Google picks the part of contains a question and answer.
This is the reason why the FAQ page’s performance are great with voice search.
- Content and links are Key: a quality content will forever remain king. Poorly written content will only decrease Dwell Time and generate ZERO links.
Increasing your ranking without link building, can’t help you track the first page. Remember, voice search and Rank brain can come to play when you rank the first page.
Recently Google made a public declaration on Content and Links; that these two are their major ranking factors. A quality written content still be the foundation of SEO 2020.
Statistical analysis was carried out by analyzing 1 million Google search result, and the result shows that; website linking to page correlate with ranking more than thing else.
Although there are a series of views about the current Google algorithm update. Google will continually update its algorithm; this can be within a day, week(s) or month(s). This update can have a positive or negative impression on the ranking of your site and SEO in 2020.
And of course, the couple of factors mentioned can increase and retain your site ranking; as they are patterned from what Google might be thinking during an algorithm update. It is often best not to be too reactive whenever there is an algorithm update.
Google often makes changes, and perhaps with the application of the above 2020 ranking tips, you will have a site that is technically perfect and you stand an edge of bouncing back with an upgrade in the update.
If your website is technically affected, it is advisable to take a break of a week or two before implementing changes. Above, I’ve covered the essential SEO trend for 2020. If you read through this, I will say congratulation!
So give me a thumbs up if the SEO strategy that works for me works for you too.
Let me know below What strategies you use for SEO in 2020.
I will love to hear from you so: feel free to share your views on Seo in 2020 and comment in the link below.
Read more: laws of physics That will make you Smarter